I’ve mentioned before (in this post) that my family loves Corned Beef made using my Nanny’s recipe. It’s quite simple but makes, in my opinion, the best Corned Beef ever. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does. 🙂
You will need:
A piece of corned beef (silverside)
1 tablespoon of white vinegar
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Rinse corned beef, place in a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar and peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1 hour per kilo of meat. For example, my piece of corned beef was 1.1kg, so I cooked it for an hour and six minutes.
- Add vegetables to the pot for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Once cooked, remove from pot and cut meat into thin slices.
- Serve with vegetables, peas, and white sauce. Or however your family likes it.
If you give it a go please let me know. I’d love to hear what you think 🙂