I’ve written about different things you can make with leftover roast meat before but one of my favourite things to make with left over corned beef is fritters. Fritters is one of those simple recipes that is great because you can add whatever you’d like to them to mix it up. I’m quite fond of corn and zucchini fritters but my son’s favourite are what he likes to call “Meat Pikelets”.
Basic Fritter Recipe
You will need:
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & Pepper
You can add to this whatever mix-ins you would like. To make these “Meat Pikelets” I added:
1/2 cup grated cheese
Leftover corned beef
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Mix in any add-ins.
- Heat olive oil in fry pan over a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add spoonfuls of mixture and spread out slightly with the spoon.
- Flip after 3-4 minutes. They are ready to turn when bubbles appear on the surface.
- Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
You can serve them immediately with a salad or veggies. Any leftovers are great cold. My son likes to take 1 or 2 for lunch the next day.
So there you have my basic fritter recipe. What type of fritters are your favourite? I’d love to hear about them in the comments 🙂