Today is the first day of Spring! This year is just zipping by so unbelievably fast. As scary as that is though, I must admit I am looking forward to some warmer weather. I don’t hate Winter but by the end I am definitely glad to see the back of it. Today I am sharing a few tips to help you save as the weather warms up again. To see my other posts with ways to save click here.
- Make your own cleaning products – The start of Spring means it’s time to give the house a good old Spring Clean. Store bought cleaners are generally full of nasty chemicals I don’t want in my house, and can cost a small fortune. Home-made cleaners are much less toxic and far cheaper. Save yourself some money by making your own cleaning products. If you’d like a post with some of my favourite homemade cleaners let me know.
- Plant a veggie garden – This isn’t something I have ever done very well with. I am by no means a green thumb, but if you are, plant yourself a lovely little garden now and reap the rewards in the coming months. Things always taste better when they are homegrown!
- Clean your air conditioner – While we might not be up to turning the air con just yet, those hot days are coming! Do yourself a favour and prepare now by giving it a thorough clean (check your manual for instructions). This will help save your power bills when the temperature soars.
- Dry your laundry outside – I mentioned in my very first ways to save post that skipping the dryer and hanging your clothes out to dry will help you save but sometimes in winter the sun just isn’t up to the job. As it gets warmer and the days get longer, take advantage and save your power bill by drying your washing outside.
- Get Outside – In Winter, when it’s cold and dark outside, it’s lovely to snuggle up on the couch for an evening of Netflix. Take advantage of the extended evenings as the days get longer, turn the TV off and get outside. Have a BBQ, go for an evening walk, watch the kids play. It’s only a little thing, but it will save you a bit in power, which will add up over time.
So there you have 5 Ways to Save This Spring. What are your best tips for saving money as the weather warms up? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Are you following Budget Mums on Facebook? Click here to head over to our Facebook page and have a look.