With just over 10 weeks left until Christmas, I’m sure we’re all looking for a way to stretch the budget that little bit further. I have quite a few posts with a number of different ways to save money, but sometimes cutting back just isn’t enough. What do you do when you have reduced your spending all you can and you’re still not quite sure how you’re going to pay for Christmas? You add a little bit more money to your budget!
Today I am sharing 5 ways to make extra money, that take little, to no effort. Be warned, none of these will earn you big bucks, but they can help you pay for Christmas this year.
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is an awesome site that offers a variety of rewards for doing simple activities online, some of which you probably already do, such as searching the web or online shopping. In exchange for doing these activities, you receive “points” that are referred to as Swagbucks. You can then exchange these Swagbucks for a range of different gift cards. To sign up for Swagbucks click here, and we will both receive a bonus 500 Swagbucks.
- Cashrewards – I mentioned Cashrewards in my Another 5 Ways to Save on Groceries post. It’s a great site that allows you to receive cashback on online purchases you make. It’s simple to use, you just sign up, search for the store you’re looking for and then shop online as normal and wait for your cashback to arrive. There are over 1,000 stores including ASOS, eBay, and my favourite, Woolworths. Cashrewards also gives you access to exclusive savings, coupons, offers and discounted eGift cards. To sign up for Cashrewards click here, you’ll get a $5 bonus in your Cashrewards account, and because I referred you, so will I.
- PricePal – Pricepal is another site that allows you to receive cashback on online purchases. Again, it’s super simple to use, just sign up, search the store you are looking for, click the link and make your purchase. Pricepal offers both cashback and discounts from shops such as Big W, Chemist Warehouse and Groupon. To sign up for PricePal click here, we’ll both receive a bonus $5 when you earn $5 cashback.
- Woolworths Rewards – Woolworths Rewards is something I think most people know about, but not everyone cashes in on. It’s simple to use, you just sign up, scan your card every time you shop and then you earn 1 point for every dollar you spend in store and online at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS and Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets. You will also receive exclusive offers, bonus points offers and instant savings. Each time your balance hits 2000 points you will automatically save $10 on your next shop, or you can bank your savings for Christmas. To sign up for Woolworths Rewards click here.
- Flybuys – Flybuys is another loyalty program I think most people are familiar with, but again not everyone utilises. It’s similar to Woolworths Rewards, in that all you do is sign up and scan your time when you shop, but instead offers points, exclusive deals, bonuses and savings from a wider range of partners that includes Coles, Kmart and Target. Flybuys also offer a variety of rewards, from flybuy dollars (which can be used for in store purchases), appliances and movie vouchers. To sign up for Flybuys click here.
So there you have 5 ways to make a little extra money in time for Christmas. Have you already started buying Christmas presents? Or is leave it to the last minute more your style? I’d love to hear in the comments.
Are you following Budget Mums on Facebook? Click here to head over to our Facebook page and have a look.