Happy 2018! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We received a bit of a shock in the week leading up to Christmas, when everyone from my Husband’s work was made redundant. Definitely not what anyone needs right before Christmas! We did still manage to have a nice Christmas but it was tainted by uncertainty as to what we were going to do next. Moving forward was not possible with pretty much everything being closed for the holiday period but my Husband is a determined man and has managed to find a new job this week. Thank goodness!
Before that though, rather than stressing over the things I couldn’t do anything about, I decided to try and concentrate on the things I could affect, namely myself. I’ve never really been one for New Year’s Resolutions, so instead I decided to focus on what I would like to achieve this year and write a list of goals. Nothing too major or life changing, we already had enough going on in that department, but just little things I would like to accomplish in the coming twelve months. It also seemed like a good post idea to start the year with, so this week I am sharing 5 of my goals for 2018.
- Organise my time better – With a new job comes new work hours and a shake up to our routine. I’ve decided to utilise this change and organise my time a bit better. I have been looking for a new planner for the year to help with this but so far I haven’t found anything that really takes my fancy. If you have any suggestions let me know.
- Read 12 books – Reading has always been one of my favourite things to do, but over the last few years I have found myself doing it less and less. As part of organising my time better, this year I want to make an effort to take a little time each day to do something I enjoy. Reading one book each month seems like a doable number but I will see how I go, I may need to adjust the number depending on how slow or quickly I find myself going through books. (And for the record Uni textbooks don’t count!)
- Get my licence – This is a big one. We are a one car family and my husband has always needed the car to get himself to and from work, which used to be a little bit of a commute. His new job is much closer to home and it would be handy if I was able to drop him off and use the car to run errands one day a week. However, driving is something that absolutely terrifies me, which is why I’ve never gotten my licence. I’m hoping to overcome my fear this year and finally get it. Wish me luck!
- Take a photo everyday – Photography is not one of my talents. It never has been. There is a reason I use mostly stock photos. This year I’m hoping to improve my skills at least a little by taking a photo every single day. Practice makes perfect right? If you’d like to see my pics, you can follow my personal Instagram page which is where I will be sharing the photos.
- Reach 3000 likes on the Budget Mums Facebook page – This week the Budget Mums Facebook page hit 350 likes. I’m so happy to see my little community of budget-conscious ladies grow. This year, I’d love for it to reach 3000 likes. It seems like a great big, whopping dream right now, but it’s good to aim high right? Are you following Budget Mums on Facebook? If you’re not, I would really appreciate it if you would help me achieve my goal by clicking here to head over to our Facebook page and have a look. If you are already a liker, thank you. I am truly grateful to each and everyone of you for following my little blog.
So there you have my 2018 goals. What are you hoping to achieve this year? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.
Happy New Year to you and your loved ones xx