It’s been awhile since I shared a ways to save post, which is crazy considering helping Australian families save money is the whole reason I started my blog! I thought I better remedy that immediately and so I’ve put together another list of 5 ways to save.
For more ideas on ways to save money click here.
- Carry out home repairs – A dripping tap might seem like a minor inconvenience but those little drips can add up to a massive water bill. Get on top of any household maintenance that needs doing as soon as possible to avoid major costs.
- Get your car serviced – Keeping your car well maintained can prevent expensive surprises in the future. Also ask your mechanic about any issues that will need addressing in the near future and their potential cost so you can begin budgeting for them.
- Buy second-hand – Before parting with your hard earned money for something, check if you can buy it second-hand. This is a particularly great idea for baby and kids things. They grow so quickly that most used baby items are in near new condition for a fraction of the price.
- Contact you utility companies – Shop around for services such as Internet, Mobile Phone, or Pay TV, to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible. If you find a better option available, contact your current provider to see if they will match it before you make the switch.
- Cancel services you don’t need – It’s easy to buy into things we think we want, without realising it’s not something we really need. Most mobile phones these days come with unlimited calls, so it could be worth considering whether you really need your home phone of if you’re just keeping it out of habit. Same goes for Pay TV, with Netflix now available, is it something you need? If not, save yourself some money and cancel it.
So there you have 5 ways to save this year. What are your best tips for saving money? I’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Are you following Budget Mums on Facebook? Click here to head over to our Facebook page and have a look.